FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Welcome to ACHE! We know that new students have plenty of questions as they begin their time here. If you don’t find an answer here, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
What are the dates for orientation and am I required to be there?
All students in the incoming class are REQUIRED to attend all orientation events (excluding nightly social events). Orientation program dates for 2022 are as follows:
- DO Class of 2026 Orientation – Monday, July 18 – Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- MSB Class of 2023 Orientation – Thursday, July 21, 2022
- PT Class of 2025 Orientation – Monday, May 16 & Tuesday, May 17, 2022
What and when is the 2021 White Coat Ceremony?
- The White Coat Ceremony is a special ceremony designed to mark a student’s entrance into a health professions program.
- The White Coat Ceremony for the ARCOM Class of 2025 and the PT Class of 2024 is Saturday, October 2, 2021. The location of the ceremony is the ArcBest Performing Arts Center at the Fort Smith Convention Center (55 South 7th Street Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901). More details to follow!
What is the dress code for orientation?
The dress code for all ACHE classes and orientation is business casual. For additional information, please see the ACHE Student Handbook.
What is myPortal?
myPortal is the ACHE intranet site that is accessible by login for students, faculty, and staff. myPortal offers access to important resources related to academics, financial aid, and other student services.
Where can I find information on financial aid and paying for school?
You can find Financial Aid information at achehealth.edu/financial-aid.
Does ACHE require students to have health insurance?
All students enrolled at ACHE must be covered by a health insurance plan. However, each student is responsible for their own health insurance plan, as this is not something that the institution covers at this time.
How do I apply for learning or physical disability accommodations?
The Office of Academic Affairs will guide you through the process of applying for reasonable accommodations. If you have questions about how to begin or renew the reasonable accommodations request process, feel free to email the Office of Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of technology services does ACHE provide?
All ACHE students receive an email account and access to myPortal. You will receive your email and your myPortal access information after you receive your official offer from the Office of Admissions.
Does ACHE offer student housing?
Currently, the on-campus housing options include: The Residents and The Village at Heritage. Contact information is as follows:
Phone Number: 479-755-6955
Will I be required to have a laptop?
Yes, ACHE uses software for all exams. Students can find the technology requirements outlined here: achehealth.edu/technology-requirements.