Shawna is a native Arkansan. She graduated from the University of Arkansas, Fort Smith with a Bachelor of Arts in English. While at UAFS, she was active in Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society, in which she served as president. Shawna most recently worked at the Van Buren Advertising & Promotion Commission where she helped to promote city and state tourism. Shawna lives in Van Buren with her husband Barry and they have three daughters, Nicole, Bethany, and Audrey.
- 2013- University of Arkansas, Fort Smith; Bachelor of Arts, English
- Leadership Crawford County, 2017
- LCC Ambassador, Class of 2017
- LCC Project Chair, 2018-2020
- The promotion of diversity and inclusion
- Hiking and being an ambassador for a women’s hiking group
- Art history and visiting museums