Zahra Kamarei, MLS
Zahra Kamarei (Zary) is the Director of Library Services for the Taylor Health Sciences Library. Prior to joining ACHE, she worked as the Director of Science and Engineering Libraries at University of Rochester, and Director of Science Libraries at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Before assuming leadership role in science libraries, she was a science librarian at University of Notre Dame, Isfahan University of Technology, and UNC- Chapel Hill.
Zary is an active member of the Special Libraries Association and a member of the Medical Library Association. Currently she is a member of the editorial board of the Science and Technology Libraries a Taylor and Francis Online Journal.
- Master of Library Science- Chemical Information Specialist: Graduate School of Library and Information Science and Chemistry Department, Indiana
- University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science- Physics: Minors in Mathematics and Computer Science, Department of Physics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Meliora Award VISTA Collaboratory: Received the award along with other team members who contributed to creation of the visualization lab, Spring 2015.
- Harvard Leadership Institute, Harvard University: Leadership training, 2013.
- Friends of the University of Rochester Libraries: Received a grant towards renovation of Carlson Science and Engineering Library’s second floor renovation, Fall 2012.
- TRLN Management Academy: One of the four selected librarians in this academic year from UNC-Chapel Hill who received training at this prestigious academy, November 10-14, 2008.
- Project Management
- Facilitating Strategic Planning
- Leadership Training
- Mentoring Early Career Librarians