Barbara Jetton is a native of Fort Smith, Arkansas, who possesses a strong sense of community and a love for western Arkansas where she has always chosen to remain. Mrs. Jetton graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith, formerly known as Westark Community College, with a degree in business. After college, her professional career began in the banking industry where she specialized in commercial and consumer lending, and later moved into human resources as she accepted the position as Director for a start-up electronic legal publishing company.
Barbara and her husband, Chris, continue to make Fort Smith their home. She enjoys growing roses and has won national awards for exhibition and design. She also enjoys music from the baroque and classical eras.
- A.A.S. Business, University of Arkansas, Fort Smith
- Feeding the Hungry – Volunteer Salvation Army and Sack Lunch Program
- Member of American Rose Society and Officer of local Fort Smith Rose Society
- National Awards – Rose Exhibition and Design
- Member of the American Guild of Organists and Officer of the Fort Smith Chapter
- Children’s music instructor for 20 years
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- 2011 – Present, Organist, Central Presbyterian Church
- 2001 – 2011 Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- 1996 – 2001 Loislaw
- 1982 – 1993 Commercial and Consumer Lending, Merchants National Bank, Fort Smith